Affinity Photo for iPad is here – the first fully-featured, truly professional photo editing tool to arrive on Apple’s tablet.
The hotly-anticipated app was unveiled today (5 June 2017) during an exclusive presentation segment at Apple’s keynote event in San Jose, California.
Affinity Photo is already the choice of thousands of professional photographers, retouchers and editors around the world. Now Affinity Photo for iPad redefines photo editing once again – to create an ultra-fast, powerful and immersive experience at home, in the studio or on the move.
Developed from the same foundations as Affinity Photo’s award-winning desktop version, the new app is tailored to harness the explosive power of the iPad’s hardware and touch capabilities.
Compatible with iPad Air 2, iPad 2017, iPad Pro 9.7-inch, 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch, it’s priced at an introductory discount of more than 30 per cent - £19.99 / $19.99 / 21,99E from the App Store.
Watch the video: https://vimeo.com/220098594
Attention to every detail has been at the heart of the approach to developing the iPad version of Affinity Photo, as Ashley Hewson, Managing Director of Affinity Photo developer Serif, explains.
“Each tool, panel and control has been completely reimagined to optimise for touch – either with fingertip or Apple Pencil,” says Hewson.
“All rendering, adjustments and filter effects have been fully hardware-accelerated. The result is a genuinely unique new way to interact with your images and your iPad, with performance you’ll find hard to believe.”
See more: https://affinity.serif.com/photo/ipad
Affinity Photo for iPad draws its heritage from the award-winning Mac version; renowned for its sophisticated tools for enhancing, editing and retouching images in an incredibly intuitive interface.
Since its launch, Affinity Photo has received thousands of 5-star customer ratings, incredible reviews, and was chosen by Apple as the Best Mac App of 2015.
Professional features never seen before on iPad include:
- Optimised for iPad capabilities: Multi-touch UI, Metal accelerated, intuitive Apple Pencil support andfull iCloud drive integration.
- Complete retouching tools: Including dodge, burn, clone, blemish, patch and red eye tools. You’ll also find an incredibly accurate inpainting brush along with full frequency separation capability.
- Non-destructive adjustments: Correct and enhance images with Levels, Curves, Black and White, White Balance, HSL, Shadows and Highlights and over a dozen other adjustments that are previewed instantly and can be edited any time. Adjust, readjust, and drag and drop onto any layer, group, mask, or in any place in a stack to control how they’re applied.
- Super accurate selections: Critical whether cutting out objects, creating masks or selectively applying adjustments. Affinity Photo’s selection refinement algorithm is one of the most advanced available, making selections—even down to individual strands of hair—easier than ever before.
- Comprehensive Liquify Workspace: Push your images around with your fingertips or use brushes like turbulence, pinch, punch and twirl in a dedicated liquify persona. Alongside a real-time mesh warp tool, it’s perfect to reshape, sculpt and deform photos.
- Real time effects: Affinity Photo comes with a huge range of high-end filters including lighting, blurs, distortions, tilt-shift, shadows, glows and many more. Full control is given over every aspect of a filter’s properties with incredibly precise controls—all the while seeing a real-time live preview of the result. Best of all, filters can be applied as live layers, enabling you to edit, erase away, or mask effects after they have been applied.
- Comprehensive RAW editing: Develop camera RAW files in a dedicated built-in workspace with all the processing adjustments and corrections you need.
- Unsurpassed file compatibility: Unrivalled PSD support plus all the standards including PNG, JPG, TIFF, EPS, PDF, and SVG.
- Work in any colour space: RGB, CMYK, LAB, Greyscale. End-to-end CMYK workflow with ICC colour management, and 32-bit per channel editing.
- HDR Merge with tone mapping: Allows you to merge multiple exposure brackets together into a single unbounded 32-bit image, with full tone mapping control for incredibly dramatic results.
Whether you’re working on iOS, Windows or Mac, the back-end engine of Affinity Photo is the same. This means 100% perfect file compatibility, including shared undo history.
Affinity Photo for iPad delivers so much more than pure photo editing.
As well as being able to handle unlimited layers, there’s a full library of adjustment layers, layer effects and live filter layers to choose from. Text tools with full advanced typography options, and vector drawing tools are available too, while all layers can be grouped, clipped, masked or blended together to enable the creation of specular compositions.
After the introductory offer, Affinity Photo for iPad will be priced £28.99 / $29.99 / 32,99E (local currency fluctuations may apply). For more information go to https://affinity.serif.com/photo/ipad.
Notes to Editors
Serif (Europe) Ltd, Nottingham, UK, NG11 7EP
John Atkin, Head of PR, email email@example.com, phone +44 (0) 115 914 9006
Other features of Affinity Photo include:
32-bit unbounded images can be composited and edited along with full Radiance HDR and OpenEXR file support.
360° image editing
Pan and zoom account 360° images, using the full suite of tools in Affinity Photo to edit them live.
End-to-end OCIO colour workflows are supported, with the ability to move dynamically between colour spaces.
Full text style support to link the styles of text objects together.
Live perspective projection
Work on perspective distorted areas of your image as you were looking at it straight on.
Stack and merge multiple images together with different focal lengths for a large depth of field.
Full snapping capabilities
Advanced snapping options including snap to grid, guides, auto alignment to other objects, along with forced pixel alignment.
Offering full control over an object’s position, size, rotation and shear.
A comprehensive set of customisable shapes, a pen and node tool, and full Boolean geometry operations allow for the creation of complex vector paths and shapes.
Professional print output
Pantone support, end-to-end CMYK and ICC colour management alongside full PDF/X output including bleed, trim and crop marks.
Incredibly accurate automatic alignment of images, along with full perspective corrections, ensures a perfect stitching every time.
Instant undo history
Instantly scrub through hundreds of undo steps with the history slider. Pus save your history with your document.
Histograms and scopes
Get feedback on your edits with histograms and scopes. Plus see blown highlights, tones and shadows live.
Automatically align and blend together a series of images based on the same scene, allowing for differences to be removed, composited together of used for creative effect.
Professional brush engine
Create custom brushes and nozzles with complete control over advanced dynamics, including full pencil support.
View and edit image and layer channels, make masks from channels and create and add to selections based on channel data.
Advanced typography controls
Adjust kerning, tracking, shear, baseline and other character attributes. Easily set leading, indents, tab stops and justification too.
Crop and straighten
Quickly crop and straighten images with a dedicated tool, including with thirds, golden spiral and diagonals overlays.
120+ beautiful brushes
A huge library of professional designed brushes including effects, bristles, dry media, inks, markers, paint, and more.
Smart colour picker
Dedicated colour picker tool to accurately pick a colour, including single point or averaged sampling over an area of your image.
Spin your canvas around to work at any angle, particularly useful when painting with Apple Pencil.
Use the undo brush to revert specific areas of your work back to a previous state.
Create super-smooth gradients for overlays, shapes and masks – all with live tools to drag on screen using touch.
Pro font support
Add elegant text with OptnType and True Type fonts, including advanced OpenType features including Ligatures.
Live spell checking
Spellcheck on the fly
Add body text paragraphs using frames as containers with full control of alignment, justification, character and paragraph settings.
Affinity is a next-generation suite of award-winning software for creative professionals, comprising Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo, with Affinity Publisher coming soon.
Serif’s global success with its Affinity suite of professional design and photo editing software is built on almost three decades of expertise.
Affinity Designer, winner of an Apple Design Award in 2015, and Affinity Photo, named Best Imaging Software by the Technical Image Press Association in 2016, were a result of the vision of the development team at Serif’s headquarters in Nottingham, UK.
Created from the ground up, with the emphasis on speed, power, accuracy and lack of bloat, Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo received a stream of glowing reviews from Mac users around the world, before being launched for Windows users too.
Their creation marked a change of focus for Serif which, since 1987, had grown a reputation for quality and reliability based on the award-winning Plus range of software for PC.
Powerful yet easy-to-use, the software offered low-cost alternatives to high-end publishing and graphics packages, putting professional effects and demanding publishing tasks within the reach of PC users around the world.
Now changing the game for professional graphic designers and photographers on Apple Mac as well as Windows, Serif is the winner of over 200 awards internationally, with more than 6.5 million customers worldwide. The company has around 90 employees.