Pioneering photo editing app Affinity Photo for iPad is bursting with extra power and professional features, after receiving a major update.
Version 1.6.9 of the award-winning app, out now in the App Store, introduces:
- massively-expanded support for touch gesture control
- refined UI and much improved brush management
- a new Export persona, allowing instant export of multiple slices and layers
- many performance and other improvements.
Watch the new Affinity Photo for iPad video: https://vimeo.com/289631726
Managing Director of Affinity Photo developer Serif, Ashley Hewson, says: “Reviewers and customers told us Affinity Photo for iPad was a truly revolutionary product when we launched on-stage during Apple’s WWDC keynote last year.
“For the first time it gave photographers, artists, editors and retouchers a full professional mobile workflow with all the features you’d expect, on the go.”
Serif is running a flash offer until midday BST Tuesday (18 Sept) to celebrate the launch of the latest version of Apple’s reigning iPad App of the Year.
It means Affinity Photo for iPad is currently available for a one-off £13.99 / $13.99 / 14,99€ from the App Store (subject to regional currency variations).
Hewson adds: “We broke new ground in being the first to bring a desktop-class professional photo editing tool to iPad and just this week we've reached a quarter of a million users.
"As we've talked to our users, witness the inspirational work they create and understood more about their workflows, it's inspired us to keep pushing the boundaries of what's possible on a mobile device."
Affinity Photo for iPad is available now without subscription from the App Store. Existing users can download the updated version free of charge at any time.
For more information go to https://affinity.serif.com/photo/ipad
Notes to Editors
A version of this release was issued on Friday 14 September.
V1.6.9 full release notes:
- Undo/Redo gesture with two/three finger tap.
- Export persona - a new workspace for exporting regions of your image as slices.
- Added drag modifiers to studio icons for colour, text, navigator and history.
- Added support for brush nozzle base texture mode.
- Added canvas rotation control via Navigator Studio.
- Added swipe gesture to swap primary and secondary colours on the Colour Studio
- Context menu now uses a long-press release gesture to invoke.
- Added two-finger hold gesture to resize a layer from its centre.
- During shape creation, a two-finger hold gesture will transform the layer.
- On the Layers Studio, with a layer selected, a two-finger tap on another layer will select all layers in between.
- On the Layers Studio, pinch inwards (either vertically or horizontally) to group selected layers. To ungroup, do the opposite and pinch out.
- With the Move Tool active, a two-finger hold gesture on a layer plus a one finger drag duplicates the selected layer.
- Easy access to merge and rasterise commands via Layer Studio icons.
- Improved brush stroke lag and small stroke response.
- Brushes remember previously used stroke settings.
- Move any custom brush to any category.
- Added support for on-screen keyboard trackpad mode.
- Added Tab key to on-screen keyboard context bar.
- Updated Persona icons.
- Numerous other improvements and fixes.
Serif (Europe) Ltd, Nottingham, UK, NG11 7EP
John Atkin, Head of PR, email email@example.com, phone +44 (0) 115 914 9006
Affinity is a next-generation suite of award-winning software for creative professionals, comprising Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher.
Serif’s global success with its Affinity suite of professional design and photo editing software is built on almost three decades of expertise.
Affinity Designer, winner of an Apple Design Award in 2015, and Affinity Photo, named Best Imaging Software by the Technical Image Press Association in 2016, were a result of the vision of the development team at Serif’s headquarters in Nottingham, UK.
Created with the emphasis on speed, power, accuracy and lack of bloat, Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo received a stream of glowing reviews from Mac users around the world, before being launched for Windows and now iPad, where it is Apple's 2017 iPad App of the Year. Affinity Publisher, released in late 2018, is the third in the initial trio of apps envisaged by the development team.
Their creation marked a change of focus for Serif which, since 1987, had grown a reputation for quality and reliability based on the award-winning Plus range of software for PC. Powerful yet easy to use, the software offered low-cost alternatives to high-end publishing and graphics packages, putting professional effects and demanding publishing tasks within the reach of PC users around the world.
Serif is the winner of over 200 awards internationally, with more than 6.5 million customers worldwide. The company has around 70 employees.