Apple’s reigning ‘App of the Year’, Affinity Photo for iPad, now includes even more powerful professional features.
Developer Serif has issued the third substantial free update to the app since June, when Affinity Photo for iPad was launched on stage at WWDC2017.
To celebrate, for a limited time, buyers can also claim three bonus content packs made specially to harness the creativity of the app on iOS.
Designed to be the first complete, professional photo editing app for iPad, Affinity Photo was selected as the 2017 ‘App of the Year’ by Apple, as well as featuring in countless ‘best of’ end-of-year lists. The latest version, 1.6.7, includes a raft of enhancements which make it even more capable of handling a full professional workflow on the go:
- Save overwrites back to the same location, without needing to create a copy
- Shoot direct in RAW or HDR from within the app
- Major upgrades for RAW processing including adjusting shadows, highlights and clarity on RAW images
- Ability to add your own fonts
- Opening and editing files in place directly from the iOS Files app
- A new ‘Solo Layer View’ mode, allowing you to isolate individual layers instantly
- Further enhancements to the handy Drag & Drop functions introduced with iOS11
- A new ‘Show Touches’ option to create more detailed screen captures – great for users who create tutorials
Serif Managing Director Ashley Hewson says: “These latest additions will make working life simpler than ever for photographers who have embraced Affinity Photo and the iPad as the core of their professional workflow.
“Affinity Photo was created to take full advantage of the amazing technology the latest iPads offer, and our developers continue to work tirelessly to cement its reputation as the benchmark for creative apps on iOS.”
Check out the video here https://vimeo.com/256933292
Ashley Hewson adds: “Improved RAW editing and the added convenience of using Files and Drag & Drop are further steps forward. And we’re delighted to see so many users are already publishing their own tutorials, so the ‘show touches’ screen-recording capability is really big news for them.
“Meanwhile Solo Layer View means you can instantly isolate a particular layer to work on, even in the most complex multi-layered documents. It all adds up to a faster, smoother workflow than ever, to take wherever you go.”
To celebrate the latest update, for two weeks Affinity Photo for iPad is being offered with two free brush packs and a macro pack, together worth almost as much as the app itself (offer ends 8 March).
- Luminance Brush Pack (value £9.99 / $9.99): A vibrant collection of 13 breath taking light effect brushes
- Retouch Brush Pack (value £9.99 / $9.99): 20 studio quality retouch brushes for enhancing portraits
- Live Filters Macro Pack: Harness the full power of 28 non-destructive live filter layers
Affinity Photo for iPad is priced £19.99 / US$19.99 / 21,99€ (subject to regional currency variations) with no subscription from the App Store.
Affinity Photo for iPad is compatible with the iPad Pro 9.7-inch, 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch
, iPad Air 2, iPad 2017, and optimised for Apple Pencil. For more information go to affinity.serif.com/ipad-update. Existing users should claim the free update by following the prompts in the app.
The bonus content can be downloaded from affinity.serif.com/ipad-update.
Notes to Editors
Changes in v1.6.7 include
- Improved camera which can shoot RAW / HDR.
- Ability to add your own fonts.
- Added ‘Average blur” filter from desktop.
- Brand new shadows / highlights algorithm in Develop.
- Brand new clarity algorithm in Develop.
- Can now open / edit files in place - directly from the Files app.
- New “Solo” layer option in layer properties panel.
- New preferences option to show touches - good for screen recording.
- Improved iOS11 Drag & Drop support.
- Rotate image in Develop.
- Enhanced angle / tilt support for Apple Pencil.
- New “Constrain” modifier button for Depth of Field tool.
- Snapping candidates can be selected by hovering over them whilst in a drag.
- Assorted fixes and improvements
Review copies of Affinity Photo for iPad are available on request.
Serif (Europe) Ltd, Nottingham, UK, NG11 7EP
John Atkin, Head of PR, email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone +44 (0) 115 914 9006
Affinity is a next-generation suite of award-winning software for creative professionals, comprising Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo, with Affinity Publisher coming soon.
Serif’s global success with its Affinity suite of professional design and photo editing software is built on almost three decades of expertise.
Affinity Designer, winner of an Apple Design Award in 2015, and Affinity Photo, named Best Imaging Software by the Technical Image Press Association in 2016, were a result of the vision of the development team at Serif’s headquarters in Nottingham, UK.
Created from the ground up, with the emphasis on speed, power, accuracy and lack of bloat, Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo received a stream of glowing reviews from Mac users around the world, before being launched for Windows and now iOS.
Their creation marked a change of focus for Serif which, since 1987, had grown a reputation for quality and reliability based on the award-winning Plus range of software for PC. Powerful yet easy-to-use, the software offered low-cost alternatives to high-end publishing and graphics packages, putting professional effects and demanding publishing tasks within the reach of PC users around the world.
Serif is the winner of over 200 awards internationally, with more than 6.5 million customers worldwide. The company has around 90 employees.